Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 4 Preview

UCLA QB Ben Olson is out (headaches) for the Washington game. Backup Patrick Cowan will get the start, who started eight games last season. I'm swapping my pick to Washington. I had these two teams rated closely, so it's not surprising that one player being out is enough to change my pick.

------------------------


Games I'm looking forward to:

* South Carolina at LSU -- This matchup is the only one between my ranked teams this weekend. Unfortunately, I still expect a blowout victory by LSU.
* Air Force at BYU -- If Air Force can win this game, they will be 3-0 in conference with those three wins coming over teams predicted to contend for the conference title.
* Iowa at Wisconsin -- Wisconsin has been playing teams too close so far. At some point it's going to come back and haunt them. Probably not this week, but the potential is always there.
* Michigan St at Notre Dame -- I really want to call the upset here. No matter how bad the Irish have been, this just looks like a game they win. For the sake of my predictions, I hope the Spartans win.
* Georgia at Alabama -- Can anybody tell me why Georgia is still ranked in the USA Today and AP Polls? They beat Oklahoma St, who has since lost to Troy, they lost at home to South Carolina, although it was close, and they beat Western Carolina. I don't know why everyone is overrating them.
* Maryland at Wake Forest -- Honestly I look forward to any games between two teams in the ACC Atlantic. Every one helps determine the pecking order of most even division from top to bottom.
* Kentucky at Arkansas -- Kentucky needs a win in their SEC opener to stay ranked. Arkansas needs a win to get over the last-second loss to Alabama.
* Penn St at Michigan -- I can't believe Penn St has lost eight consecutive games to Michigan. I think the Wolverines keep it close, but the Lions come away with the win.
* Illinois at Indiana -- Let's see if Indiana is as good as their 3-0 record. I say no.
* San Jose St at Utah St -- This should be the only time all year that I pick Utah St to win a game.

No comments: